RE: Does it matter which way i wind my secondary?

Original poster: "Basura, Brian by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <brian.basura-at-unistudios-dot-com>

Jan/all,

I tried both same direction and opposite direction secondary winding on my
Mini-Twin. There was no difference in performance or arc direction.

 Now the split-primary was a whole different story.  With current flowing
through both primaries in the same direction it caused the arcs to leap
from the outside half of the toroids (from the side not facing the other
secondary). With current through both primaries flowing in opposite
directions the arcs will jump from one toroid towards the arcs coming from
the second toroid.

Regards,
Brian B.