Re: JF efficiency theory (again)

Original poster: "Mike Novak by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <acmnovak-at-msn-dot-com>

> I guess here you're looking at the inductance rather than the number
> of turns.  It is true that high inductance is what is really needed on
> both the primary and the secondary.  Not so much the number of
> turns.  But....  if you make the coil super-wide, it will have a lot of
> self C and it may need a toroid that is too large for the amount of
> power.  So my suggestions take such factors into account.  Overall,
> the coil has to be tall enough so it doesn't arc over from end to end,
> practical considerations such as that, etc.

Actually these numbers were based on the number of turns and the height to
width ratio. For a given diameter the height is 5 times longer. The number
of turns is ~1500-1600, but due to the availablity of odd sized wire I
rounded on some.