Re: RQ gaps was -JF efficiency theory (again)

Original poster: "Jon Tebbs by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <jgtebbs-at-eos-dot-net>

Hi David, all,

I have noticed this discoloration in my TCBOR/RQ gap. Apparently my total
runtime is not sufficient to get the flashover you have experienced. Then
again,
my gap is used on a modestly powered 12KV/30ma NST demo coil with a 5.1 nF cap,
2" by 15" secondary. Thanks for the _heads up_ on the problem.

Waiting for warmer weather,
--
Jon G. Tebbs
<jgtebbs-at-eos-dot-net>