How to measure the frequency of a bifilar coil?

Original poster: "David Thomson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <dave-at-volantis-dot-org>

I've just spent the entire day trying to measure both my new bifilar
secondary and bifilar primary coils.  They are so efficient in neutralizing
their self-induction that I can't find a voltage dip on either of my digital
or analog scopes or on the AC voltmeter.  Is there another way I can measure
the resonant frequency of a bifilar coil before firing it up?  I want to
verify that the resonant frequency is still a quarter of the wire length for
this type of coil.

Also, I'm about to spin a 32" diameter Archimedes spiral coil with 21 gauge
wire.  Has anyone attempted this?  I'm looking for techniques to keep the
wire flat and secure during assembly.

Thanks,

Dave