Re: Found: Sync Motors??

Original poster: "Jon Tebbs by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <jgtebbs-at-eos-dot-net>

Hi Greg & all,

It appears you have found precisely the same motor that I used successfully for
my SRSG. Check the P/N on the label: 252193. It has ball bearing construction
and a strong spring behind the rear bearing to keep the armature loaded
forward.

I can vouch for this little gem in it's ability to spin a moderate sized rotor.
More than adequate torque for the job. This motor does seem to qualify as
salient pole. Please refer to these photos of the armature and note the four
distinct quadrants bounded by aluminum:

http://www2.eos-dot-net/jgtebbs/tesla/armature01.jpg
http://www2.eos-dot-net/jgtebbs/tesla/armature02.jpg
http://www2.eos-dot-net/jgtebbs/tesla/armature03.jpg
http://www2.eos-dot-net/jgtebbs/tesla/armature04.jpg

For the benefit of others who may be interested, this motor measures about 3
inches in diameter by 4.5 inches long and is a mere one thirty fifth H.P. The
shaft, 5/16 inch diameter, is barely 5/8 inch long necessitating an
extended hub
design. For photos of this SRSG, please refer to:

http://www2.eos-dot-net/jgtebbs/tesla/srsg01.jpg
http://www2.eos-dot-net/jgtebbs/tesla/srsg02.jpg
http://www2.eos-dot-net/jgtebbs/tesla/srsg03.jpg
http://www2.eos-dot-net/jgtebbs/tesla/srsg04.jpg

The lexan rotor measures 3/8 inch thick by 6 inches diameter with four 1/8 inch
tungsten electrodes mounted in 1/4-20 brass holders. The finned heat sinks are
also from MECI, P/N 310-0028, a bag of ten for $5.00.

Best of luck Greg, please post of your results.

--
Jon G. Tebbs
<jgtebbs-at-eos-dot-net>