Re: VTTC output

Original poster: "Malcolm Watts by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <m.j.watts-at-massey.ac.nz>

Hi Ed,

On 16 Feb 01, at 20:05, Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz
> <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>
>
> > VTTCs employ power oscillators with relatively tight internal
> > coupling. They are operated in C mode mostly and are SELF
> > REGULATING. So if you changed e.g. the coupling between
> > primary and secondary the oscillator changes its Q point. And this
> > may change the output power and lead to wrong conclusions. Obviously
> > there are lots of nonlinearities and mutual influences.
>
>  Correct.  A correctly designed power oscillator has enough, and only
> enough, feedback to drive the grid to the correct current for maximum
> power output.  When you have gotten everything tuned right, you will
> have achieved that condition.  Only problem is how to get to that
> optimum tuning, particularly when dealing with a non-linear and
> reactive load.  Good luck!

Since power is defined by in-phase load voltage and current it should
be possible to implement a feedback scheme making use of those
properties shouldn't it? I didn't say it would be easy though.
Just a suggestion.

Regards,
Malcolm