Re: VTTC output

Original poster: "Herwig Roscher by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <herwig.roscher-at-gmx.de>

Dr. Duncan Cadd wrote:

> The 'classical' way of tuning up a triode output stage is to look for
the anode current dip, i.e. the plate current of a triode drops when
the tank is in tune.

Duncan,

Thank you VERY much for sharing your knowledge and your advice.
Now I've got tools for tests and improvements.

> It might be useful to have a few taps on the coils
- Tapping multi-turn coils or coils wound from heavy wire might
cause mechanical problems.Using a MMC style tank cap I could
adjust the frequency coarsely. The secondary's frequency could be
fine tuned by changeing the distance beween the uppermost turn
and the toroid/corona shield.

> use a variometer*
- Thank you for your description. I removed some variometers from
diathermy (spelling?) generators which contain a lot(!) of usefull
components as well.

Regards,

Herwig