Re: I Need Electrical Help!

Original poster: "Michael McCarty by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <kb8yhv-at-amsat-dot-org>

It will work as long as the receptacles you are plugging in to are on
different circuit breakers and they are on the same phase back at the
electrical panel.  If they are on different phases you will end up with
208 or 240 volts between them.  If they are the same phase you will read
0 volts potential between them and you can "combine" them to get a 30 amp
circuit limited by a 15 amp breaker in each leg.  The current will divide
between the parallel paths.

Is this safe?  Electrically it will be OK, if you understand the circuits
and hook
it up correctly.  I'd question a beginners approach to this though.  Wouldn't
it be easier just to limit the primary current to 15 amps and use one
receptacle?

-Mac