Re: Interesting thing about Tube Coil oscillators...

Original poster: "Bert Hickman by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-net>

David,

Interesting experiment! Even though you didn't have a primary tank
circuit, you STILL have a high Q secondary LC circuit that's transformer
coupled back to your primary, and a grid coil to provide feedback that's
180 degrees out of phase. So you still have all the elements of an
oscillator, just not as efficient because of the loose coupling to the
secondary. It would be interesting to see if you could significantly
improve the output by tightening the coupling coefficient...

-- Bert --

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "David Trimmell by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <davidt-at-pond-dot-net>

--
Bert Hickman
Stoneridge Engineering