Re: Merging copper tubing for Primaries

Original poster: "Bart by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <bmcguyer-at-houston.rr-dot-com>

Hello all,
    Hey, thanks for all the responses.  I found a cheap butane torch and
grabbed it.  I used a 4" section of 6 awg wire (sanded and cleaned) and then
heated and soldered the joint with the torch.  I eventually got it all done
and sanded, and it looks great.  I am planning to get a better torch or 100W
gun for the future because that torch scares me.  It had a few blips while
operating, where the flame turned orange and became a fireball for a split
second.  You know something is of bad quality when the back of the packaging
displays "This is a quality product!"  Anyway, my primary is finished and
now I am moving on to my new secondary.  Thanks for all the tips.

    Bart Mc.