Update on level shifter problem

Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca>

Hi Deano, Dave, & coilers,

Thanks for the advice Deano and Dave.  I know the transformers are
phased correctly, since with the secondaries disconnected from the
rest of the circuit I can measure 4200 Volts between the two hots
and 2100 Volts to the cores from either hot.  The "center tap" is
of course the cores and is grounded as well as being connected to
the junction of the two diodes as you suggested.  The diodes have
been checked out as per the advice I got from a previous posting.
I have no way of measuring the caps, but I'll try to scrounge up
another identical pair and substitute them.  The transformers can
produce an awesome Jacob's Ladder so they must be OK current wise.
I'm always VERY careful around charged caps thanks to a very bad
jolt I got years ago from a color TV picture tube while changing
the high voltage rectifier tube!

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL

Listening: 147.030+ and 442.075+
E-mail:    weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca