Re: Spark Dissipation

All,

What was interesting too, is one time I shot some video of a normal
tube coil running on raw ac and giving a 2 foot spark.  The spark was
frantic-looking like a kerosene torch.
When I slowed it down using a professional slow motion video player,
the sparks looked very much like disruptive sparks.  You could see
the various forked branches growing longer as they do in disruptive
coils.  I was quite amazed when I first saw that.  It was as if the
tube coil sparks looked the same as disruptive sparks, but occuring
much faster, making them look completety different to the human eye.
I forget how much I slowed them to create the effect.

John