Re: Spark Dissipation

In a message dated 2/2/01 10:14:34 AM Eastern Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

>  I think that spark growth occurs at each cycle of the RF waveforms,
>  and not at successive bursts, that are much farther apart. In really
>  high-power systems, succesive streamers really tend to follow similar
>  channels, because they tend to start at the same point and follow
>  previously heated and ionizer air, but this doesn't go very far.
>  The streamers diverge from the previous path after some distance.
>
>  Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz

Antonio, Gary, all,

Are you speaking of disruptive coils above?  If so,
I think I remember a test that Malcolm did at low power, where
he ran a disruptive TC at various break rates from 1bps, up to
hundreds of bps.  I think the sparks were much longer at high
bps, than in single shot mode.  The bang size was constant
as far as I know.  My memory of this might not be perfect though?

John