RE: Checking M.O. diodes

Original poster: "Duke, Ronn (CCI-San Diego CCC) by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Ron.Duke-at-cox-dot-com>

You could try using a high voltage probe with your VOM. Connect it up to an
NST with a variac and run it up to it's designed voltage to see if it
conducts one way or the other. HV diodes won't conduct either way until they
reach their designed minimum "threshold" to start passing current.