Re: electrocution experiences

Original poster: "James T by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jamest2000-at-att-dot-net>

Hi Guys,
  My experience is about the weird things high voltage and freqs do.
 This was in the early 80's. I was playing with a flyback on a wood desk.
The output was
connected to a metal thing sitting on the desk.
 Suddenly my wrist got zapped. What? It was 6" away. I moved my hand, but
left the flyback on.
After another couple seconds a geyser of smoke erupted from the desk where
my arm was. Turns
out the current traveled through the wood and came out under my arm. After
the carbon track was
laid it cut a tunnel big enough to push a thin wire in. Crazy.
 A couple of days later I used a pencil to move the metal thing while the
flyback was on.
Dough! The graphite is a great conductor. I have rarely been zapped since.
James Cart