Re: Level shifter inrush current

Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

I use no inrush limiting resistors on my level-shifted
twin MOT supply, and I've had no problems with blown
diodes. Of course, MOTs are shunted, so the power
supply can only draw so much current at turn-on, and
no more, regardless of the load.

Cheers,

Greg
http://hot-streamer-dot-com.greg