Re: changing capacitance

Hi Christopher,

When you put caps in parallel, the values simply add.  However, when you
put caps in series, the total values is divided up.  See the formulas at:

http://www.tpub-dot-com/neets/book2/6.htm

For parallel:

Ct = C1+C2+C3+...

For Series:

Ct = 1/(1/C1 + 1/C2 + 1/C3 ...)

So if you put three 10uF caps in series, you end up with 3.333uF.

Cheers,

	Terry