Re: Glue?

YOU ASKED SEVERAL QUESTIONS. !. Lucite is acrylic solvent bonding plastic.
Lexan is poly carbonate plastic. Both bond well with "IPS" weld on 316 clear
thickened cement from your plastic supplier. 90 sec epoxi is not the best
choice. It is better to use 3 min epoxi or even better 30 min high strength
epoxi. epoxi is a thermo setting plastic that will not melt with heat. I add
alumina (Al2O3) to the epoxi to add strength and heat resistance. Alumina I
obtain from the ceramic shop.The shorter the setting time of epoxi the less
it penetrates and bonds. Adding silica or alumina increases the strength,
but also makes it harder on sharp tools to work on it. silica may even
require grinding to re shape after it is full hard.
  Robert  H