questions about a MOT ps

Original poster: "Tom Stathes by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <newphreak_16-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hello all, i recently obtained some MOTs, and decided
to build a coil using them.
   First i made a nice box for the 2 MOTs out of an
old ammo can.

   Then i built a rotary spark gap using the blower
motor from one of the Microwave ovens i found.

   My capacitor is .05uf, 6kvdc MMC (made with metal
film poly pro. caps) with a saftey gap.

  I ajusted my saftey gap by placing it across the MOT
power suply with no cap, and ajusting it just till it
fired when it was switched on, then backed it off
slightly so it would not fire, and reconected it to
the caps.

I havent even tested the things in the coil yet, but
uppun testing of caps and rotary spark gap togeather
there was a little problem. The safety gap always
fires instead of my rotary gap. The spacing on the
rotary gap is already very small.  I dont know how
much i can (or if i should) open up the safety gap, i
dont wanna risk blowing the caps, or (much less
likely)frying the transformers. Do u think i should
open up (ro remove) the safety gap?

Any help would be appreciated...
--Tom