RE: photocopier transformers

Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>

Hi Mike

Go to http://candhsales-dot-com and enter "high voltage transformer" into
search. The stock # is TR9407 and sells for $50. It seems to take awhile for
the picture (last picture) to download. The catalog you saw the transformer
in was the H & R catalog where it is listed as 5kV/300mA and 30 lb. At C & R
it is listed as 4.5kV/400mA and 30 lb. You can read about these transformers
by entering "H and R transformer" into the search engine at
http://www.pupman-dot-com . The transformers from H&R and C-at-H are essentially
the same, but I don't have one from C&H to compare with the four I have from
H&R. H&R no longer sells the transformers because of liability issues. The
people at H&R told me over the phone that they came from salvaged
photocopiers. Of course they may have had other applications.

Godfrey Loudner