Re: TSG construction article

Hi Ed,

At 03:44 PM 12/17/2001 -0800, you wrote:
>Tesla list wrote:
>
>1. I never could see any reason for those resistors, particularly placed
>across the line where all they do is use up power and get hot.
>
>2. I still see no reason to use them in series.  The only possible good
>they could do would be to limit the peak line current spikes.
>
>Ed

"i" may have started this :-D

I found that a pretty pure ignition coil load on a standard dimmer caused
false or jittery triggering.  By adding a pure resistance in parallel, the
dimmer saw more of the type of load it was designed for and controlled
better.  Unfortunately, that added resistance draws a ton of current.
Better ideas have come since and seem to work but a little resistance still
seems to do wonders.

Cheers,

	Terry