Re: Solid State Invasion

Original poster: "Luc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ludev-at-videotron.ca>

Hi Greg, list,

I'm optimistic may be soon we all build power supply like Marco
Denicolai Thor's ;-)) Seriously this is part of the fun in tesla
coilling we need to improvise we need to adapt. Recently I saw
couple of switch mode PS in the range of 2 to 5 KVA ( computer,
TIG, PA amplifier ) they are light, solid, small, I'm sure it's
the future of PS and I'm sure we will find the way to use them in
our advantage, find the way to protect them from short, over
voltage, RF, etc.

If I look in the recent past we find the way to use low voltage
transfo MOT, make a new standard in cap MMC, many of us
experiment with TSG and SSTC, Terry experiment with SS gap using
IGBT ( Long time we don't had an update of your work in that
field ).

What will be the tesla coilling in 10 years, I have no idea, but
i'm sure it will be interesting.

Cheers,

Luc Benard

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>