Re: Very high frequencies

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 12/12/01 10:15:30 AM Eastern Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Original poster: "David Kronstein by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
> <david_kronstein-at-telus-dot-net>
>
> I don't think that would be possible. The frequency of 650 nm red light is
> 461,538,461,538,461 hz(if my calculations are correct) . You'd probably need
> a coil the size of an atom to get a frequency that high. :-)
>
> David

I agree. Trying to resonate a coil at those frequencies is not possible (do the
math f=1/(2*pi*sqrt(LC)). But. . . .
If you overload the coil to the point where the secondary form ignites, it will
produce light in both red and yellow wavelengths as it burns. ;-))
Matt D.