RE: transformer question

Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>

Hi Matt

The Navy is under the control of our government which has a ban on PCBs. The
government does not allow the salvage of PCB filled transformers to the
general public. I'm almost sure that the transformer contains no PCBs. My
only worry is that the seller appears to be arcing the transformer without a
ballast. This could be damaging the primary. Big plate transformers are not
current limited.

Godfrey Loudner