Re: RQ gap spacing theory question

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 12/4/01 5:38:49 PM Pacific Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Hey Bart,All,
> Does this mean the space's between the gaps don't have to be equally spaced?
> If not , then would it be okay to permanently fix all but the end piece of
> copper, and make the last one adjustable?
> Billy

I don't see why any of the copper pipe sections needs to be adjustable.  The
gaps that I have made use seven or eight pipe sections with gaps about .028".
Each is mounted with brass bolts that allow you to wire in however many gap
sections that you want.  If you want a higher voltage gap, use more sections -
lower, use less.

Ed Sonderman