Re: Ebay cap question

Original poster: "David Sharpe by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <sccr4us-at-erols-dot-com>

David

Yes sir, it is PCB.  Pyranol was GE's tradename for fireproof insulating
liquid (i.e.PCB's).  GE, Westinghouse, Allis Chalmers, ITE-Imperial (Siemens)
et al had separate tradenames for the same stuff.

Probably a PF correction or DC charging cap.
Usually pyranol caps are lossy at high frequencies. It will be a significant
liability for proper disposal.  Check in TCML archives under PCB's, this
topic has
had nearly as  much wear as all sparkgaps put together...    :^0

Regards
Dave Sharpe, TCBOR
Chesterfield, VA USA