Re: Pole transformer height

We have moved a lot of large HV gear in a minivan, a 10kVA pig will fit just
fine :) For the record, ours is 28" to the top. Don't forget to bring some
1/4" or better rope! Tie it down to the pad-eyes in the floor that hold in
the seats (that you'll be removeing to move the pig). If you can, get them
to load it for you, on a pallet! It will make it a LOT easier to remove. The
pallet will raise the pig about 4". Those 4" come in rather handy when you
have to lift a 200+ lbs object from waist level to get it over the lip at
the back of the minivan. With the pallet there, it will slide right out
where the 2 guys can lift it.

Our pig is 13,8kV/240VAC -at- 10kVA and weighs 208Lbs full. We put over 30
hours into restoreing it (in an autobody shop) and also made a cart for it.
Pics can be seen on the Group's website.

duck

Christopher A. Boden Geek#1
President / C.E.O. / Alpha Geek
The Geek Group