Telsa Coil Mailing List Yard Sale

Original poster: "Jonathan Peakall by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jpeakall-at-mcn-dot-org>

Best to send all bids and money to directly to Jonathon who can then forward
any donations to Chip.  Chip spends "real money" on maintaining the list so all
cash should go to him :-)  - Terry

Hi All,

Terry, I assume if this isn't ok, you'll nuke this post ;-)

I was thinking today how much I have come to rely on this list. Before I found
this list, I had made a small ignition coil powered coil, and in the process
had trashed several IC's, caps and so on. And it only put out a wimpy brush
discharge.

Since I found the list, I built an NST powered small coil, had great success,
and other than trashing the mov's in my Fritz filter playing with a TSG, I
haven't really wrecked that much stuff. Methinks without the List, I would have
let the smoke out of much more than a few MOVs. Certainly I have been saved a
great deal of money and effort. So I propose to show my thanks by starting the
"Tesla Coil Mailing List Yard Sale".

I have a 15/60 Allanson NST that I will sell to the highest bidder. The buyer
will mail that money directly to Chip or Terry, and I will pay the shipping to
anywhere reasonable. Remember the money is for the list when bidding! The NST
is a nice hot one, testing over 8kv a side and pulling a nice thick arc from
either HV terminal. Paint is good too.

Maybe if anyone else has some spare stuff laying around we could buy Chip a new
hard drive or something!

My thanks to Chip and Terry for a very fine resource.

Jonathan Peakall