Re: dead grass around our coil

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Hollmike-at-aol-dot-com>

Well, I read that article(reproduced in a ham radio club newsletter
'booklet').  It had data showing a significant increase in the size of the
vegetables in the patch with the tesla coil.  The power was not too high
though - maybe 500W.  Perhaps there is a power range where the high frequency
influence helps.  Perhaps there is a range of frequencies that are 'good' for
plants.  None of this was studied in any detail, from what I can tell.   An
18kVA coil might operate at a low enough frequency that it would be harmful,
but maybe above some threshold, improvement might be had.  The article showed
that the experimenter was quite thorough in eliminating other factors that
might influence the plant growth, but did not do a study of growth rate vs.
frequency, power level, or anything like that.
Mike