Re: help !! loose wire on secondary

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Cydesho-at-aol-dot-com>

I had a similar experience with my secondary.  It had been completed for some
time, but it got knocked over one day when it was removed from my coil. Some
of the wire came loose, and I got those bumps on its surface. As of yet, I
have had no problems with corona or arcing at the points where the wire
sticks up, mostly it just makes my secondary look ugly. The best thing to do
is just to leave it as it is. I tried to carefully unwind part of my
secondary and then rewind it, since one of the bumps was pretty close to the
end. Now it looks even worse than it did before. I just recoated the whole
thing to keep the wire from shifting around and it seems to work fine.
                                    Justin