soda bottle caps

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Cydesho-at-aol-dot-com>

I know that this will seem primitive compared to the MMC's that everyone is
building now, but I thought I'd ask about it.  I was wondering if anyone out
there has had any success with building bottle caps out of the two liter soda
bottles. I decided to build one and I found that it had a capacitance of
about 400 picofarads. It also withstood being hooked across my 12 kV NST.
Does anyone have any information about this, like the dielectric properties
of PETE plastic. It's nice to have the list back.
                                    Justin