Re: Safety Gap, Grounding, and Secondary Questions/Bipolar Oudin Considerations

In a message dated 8/16/01 2:53:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Perhaps then the best application of a direct base
>  excited(by direct line connection as in Oudin Coil)
>  example is the magnifier, showing indeed that the
>  direct line base excited coil to be superior to that
>  of ordinary inductively coupled secondaries.

Harvey,

I still waiting for someone to demonstate that a magnifier
can produce longer sparks than a classic coil for a given
input power.  I used to be a magnifier advocate.  But not
after I did some comparative tests.

John Freau