Re: Touching the Power

In a message dated 8/15/01 11:14:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

Ry,

Welcome to the list.  Folks have touched the sparks and lived,
but I don't recommend it.  Too many dangers of injury or death.
The skin effect doesn't really apply much to humans because
the skin depth is about 17" deep for human flesh at typical Tesla
RF frequencies.  The reason one does not feel an RF HV current
is because the nerves don't have time to react to the fast
alternations of the current.  The nerves could be damaged, but
you may not feel it.  Depending on the type of power of the coil,
the RF can be very uncomfortable and shocking.

John Freau