Touching the Power

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rblaisdell-at-juno-dot-com>

Now I am sure this has been talked about before, but I am new to the
list.

I want to know the facts on  the skin effect and how dangerous it is to
allow an arc from a tesla coil to run throught the human body.
I have seen photos of arcs coming from finger tips, but knowing that
pictures are so very easily manipulated to enhance an illusion I am not
going to touch my coil.
Has anyone on the list done this or seen this done and lived to reply to
this message?

Another subject,
I just got a quote from NIX electronics in Odessa, TX for a 15kva pole
transformer.
$405 before shipping $457 with shipping.  It is refurbished.
I am wondering if this is a fair market price or should I negotiate a
better price and/or keep looking?

thanks in advance,
Peace,
Ry