re: copper plating - Electrode Tips

Original poster: "Peter Lawrence by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Peter.Lawrence-at-Sun-dot-com>

Guys,
     first off, copper plating tungsten or tungsten-carbide prior to (hard)
silver-soldering is completely unnecessary. These materials braze very
easily as is (I've done it many times to make static spark gaps, using
a propane torch).

If you really want/need to plate something small yourself go here:

	http://www.caswellplating-dot-com/nsindex.htm

they sell great kits for D-I-Y electro-plating. I'm using their stuff to
bring an axle up from 0.392" to 0.3935" so that it fits snug in a metric
bearing (another project, not TC related...).

-Peter Lawrence.