Re: Tungsten gap erosion

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Hollmike-at-aol-dot-com>

> Also, can tungsten and/or tungsten carbide be soldered or brazed?  I note
> tool bits and blades have tungsten tips that look brazed but I did not know
> if that was something a regular guy could do with a torch?
>
> I hope to get some testing done with Marc's electrodes and some of this
> triggered gap stuff this weekend :-))  Also thinking along the lines of a
> really reliable long life gap for Ted's coil.
>
> Cheers,
>
>    Terry

I have brazed 1/8 inch by 2 inch tungsten electrodes to the inside of a 1/8
inch copper tube with success.  Just used a silver braze(don't even remember
the type now) that was meant for hard soldering copper pipe.
Mike