Re: mot's

Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi Jason,

Straw man argument. High-precision, high-speed, low
firing voltage asynchronous rotary spark gaps are the
exception, not the norm. For 99% of hobby-level
coilers, a 15A breaker is inadequate for two
unballasted MOTs. I saw a guy at the 1st UK teslathon
running a 10,000RPM ARSG with an unballasted (!) 5KVA
pole pig, but that doesn't mean it's a common setup or
even a very good idea.

I'm pleased to hear your ARSG works so well. I'm
inspired to contemplate building a copy, since I work
with MOTs quite a bit. I've got a nice chunk of .125"
Aluminum sheet stock in my junk box. I don't know the
exact alloy, but it is hard, flat, and mirror smooth.
I bet it would make an excellent rotor for an ARSG
along the lines of yours. Now I just need a motor with
near-zero play in the bearings. Do you have a link
where I can have a look at yours?

Best Regards,

Greg
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/greg