Re: New webPage, torrid and NTS filter Questins.

Original poster: "Metlicka Marc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

Alex,
If i understand your explanation of the cap arrangement correctly, You
have one MASSIVE tank capacitor there?
You're saying that you have two strings of 13 caps, each cap of
.68uf-at-2kv.
so .68 divided by 13 gives .052uf-at-26kv, This in itself would be
borderline charging for a 15\60 nst, Now it looks like you're
paralleling this to another string of 13, This will double the
capacitance to .104uf, WOW!
the poor transformer is not happy trying to charge that?
I think you will be better off putting all the caps into a single
string, this will give you .026uf-at-52kv, (very nice).
As it is, i get a tune for your present system at turns 8-9 of the
primary, But I don't think you're getting the tank cap charged up.
The toroid size looks good to me.
Nice work,
Marc M.