kVA First Light!

Original poster: "Jeff W. Parisse by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jparisse-at-teslacoil-dot-com>

TCML,

This is kinda funny. We never post "first light" messages because
our new coils are usually production models of proven designs.

This time is slightly different.

We are proud to announce the birth of our new Model 8M
Tesla Magnifier!

The Model 8M was designed by Jeff Parisse as a permanent
roof top display for a major mid-west Haunted House. It is
based on technology borrowed from Bill Wysock's Model 5M
and the mighty Model 13M.

What make the 8M unique is that it's a synchronous maggie
operating at 240 bbs. It's uses the same base as the Model 8J
production model (now in it's fourth year) and replaces the
secondary with a 1:1 driver coil connected to a weatherproof
6:1 extra coil.

Bill and I set it up last Friday and got 8 footers using 35A
at 240V. We didn't even bother to tune it (we'll do that on
site)! Maybe there's something to this magnifier thing
after all. ;-)

I'll post a video in the next day or two so you guys can
check it out. I'll announce the location (Ohio) in late
September.

Jeff W. Parisse
Director, kVA Effects
www.teslacoil-dot-com