Re: Trigger Gap Controller Design??

Hi Steve,

At 10:13 PM 8/2/2001 -0600, you wrote:
>Terry,
>
>For the HV coupling cap, why not try a length of coax and see if it works
>OK?  Rise time may suffer some (more inductance), but it may not matter, and
>the price is right!

Great idea!  RG-8 can hold off about 40kV and it is 26.4pF per foot.  I am
not sure how many feet one would need but you could always have it as the
cable going to the gap.

Also, I'll bet one or two microwave oven caps would
>work in place of your motor run cap.  They are free for the scrounging, or
>70 cents from USA Manufacturing.

There are many sources for many of the parts.  Most can be found for free.
I like to list a stable place to buy the all parts incase someone can't
find something.  Two microwave caps should work fine.  As should any ~2uF
cap that can go accross the AC line.

Cheers,

	Terry