RE: Ford Coil Triggered Gap Testing

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-compaq-dot-com>

Hi Terry:

What is the consequence of adjusting the dimmer control with this circuit?
Does the amplitude of the HV pulse change, or does just the phase/timing of
the HV pulses change, or do both timing AND amplitude change?  And for
timing, what is the range of adjustment relative to mains zero-crossing?

Thanks, Gary Lau
MA, USA