Re: xfrmr rewinding, was: Re: SECONDARY WINDING AND COATING JIG

Original poster: "Peter Lawrence by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Peter.Lawrence-at-Sun-dot-com>

Xfrmr Folks,
            seems to me there are two ways to decrease the shunt-age in an
NST.  1) remove something so that the shunts have a smaller cross section,
2) remove something so that there is an air-gap to the shunts.

Which is prefered and why.

One of my cores can only (easily) be modified like (1) as the shunt laminations
each bridge the gap so reducing the number of laminations reduces the cross
section, and another of my cores is case (2) in that the shunt laminations are
stacked the other way so reducing the number of laminations introduces an air
gap.

-Peter Lawrence.