Re: Spark from Which End

Original poster: "Christopher Boden by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <chrisboden-at-hotmail-dot-com>

>Original poster: "Ted Rosenberg by way of Terry Fritz
><twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Ted.Rosenberg-at-radioshack-dot-com>
>
>Hi all.
>Hypothetical situation.
>Your coil is set up. A good grounded target is within sparking range.
>Your RF ground rod is solidly planted.
>The cable from your RF ground secondary connection DOES NOT quite reach the
>earth ground. Let's say it's 3 inches from the ground rod.
>
>You turn on the coil.
>What happens?
>Do you get any spark from the top load? Streamers only? Nothing?
>Does a spark jump the 3" space from your RF ground cable to the earthed
>rod?
>
>Anyone want to guess?
>
>Safety first
>
>Ted
>Hangmans House of Horrors
>The 13th Year

And a G-2, number 1029 I believe? :)

It is a semi-trick question.

If I disconnect the RF Ground performance goes in the toilet so there are no
sparks to get! :)

This is NOT true on all coils though.

Also :

If take a 24"tall, 6" station post insulator and hook to the side of it a
piece of 10AWG bare copper wire, vertically, with the top level with the
toroid and the bottom about 3" from the floor and 1' from the insulator.
When arcs connect to the wire from the toroid I get a "Spider Discharge"
from the bottom of the wire along the concrete floor. Pics of this are on
the site under the Art section.

www.thegeekgroup-dot-org

Help the energy crisis, buy a Group T-shirt :)

Duck

Christopher A. Boden Geek#1
President / C.E.O. / Alpha Geek
The Geek Group