Re: DC rotary gap?

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Clearspring1-at-aol-dot-com>

Hi Greg,

I found a Fluke HV probe used for $25 from a company in Arizona.  Works fine.
 Unfortunately I have forgotten their name, but I found it rather easily by
using a search engine on the product number -- 80K-40 for the 40kV model.
That's probably cheaper than you can build one that is accurate and safe to
use.

Alternatively you can feed a small voltage into your MOT primaries to see
what the stepup ratios are.

Regards,

Michael Tandy