Re: MMC vs. Maxwell caps?

Original poster: "David Knaack by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <dknaack-at-rdtech-dot-com>

> Original poster: "Bill Vanyo" <vanyo-at-echoes-dot-net>
> I know everybody loves MMC's, but these Maxwell caps appear more cost
> effective to me - a 0.03uf cap, rated 35kvdc, goes for $85.
[...]
> So, does anyone see any drawbacks to using these Maxwell caps?  Am I
> wrong about it being cheaper to use one of these for 0.03uf than to
> build an equivalent MMC?

Are those self-healing caps?

I'd be concerned that if it did fail it would be necessary to replace
the entire $85 unit, whereas with the MMC you have the possibility of
replacing only the $2 failed units.