Re: Vacumm Pups Source

Original poster: "Luc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <ludev-at-videotron.ca>

Hi Jan

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Jan Florian Wagner by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <jwagner-at-cc.hut.fi>

> Hi,
>
> > I've considered playing with water aspirators at times, but have always
> > figured the vapor pressure of the water in the pumping line would be
> > unacceptable for such purposes as you describe.
>
> Just want to pop in here... with a cheap aspirator you can reach about 50
> Torr with a household water faucet, and maybe can do better with higher
> water pressure and a better constructed aspirator.

What is determine mostly how high vacuum you can reach with an
aspirator is the temperature of the water; the cooler the water
the higher the vacuum because vapor pressure of water is higher
at higher temperature.

Luc Benard