Re: Geek .15uF caps Was: "plate" capacitors

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <uncadoc-at-juno-dot-com>

Hi David, Terry;  All,   So in other words, you are saying the MMC's will
NOT handle long duration current usage in a Tesla unless you seriously
under-rate them for current? They start to fail, first just one or two of
the caps, then several more; then a whole bank breaks down after five
minutes  Therefore, you must double, triple, or quadruple strings of the
MMC's just to borderline handle a long sustained run of a few minutes or
more?  Gee, sounds awful expensive to have a MMC bank that will give more
than a few minutes action. And then without swelling and self healing(how
long can these things self heal without permanant damage?) , lets be
realistic; WORD IS THAT THE MMC's can handle hundreds, if not thousands
of over voltage punches.  Well, do you folks realize that you are getting
hundreds of multiple punctures in those MMC caps every time you fire your
coil?  Sure now, they self heal, all well and good; but how many times
can the skinny little cap string do this?  And for how long of a period?
 Well, I am waiting for answers from the one minute run or less MMC
crowd!     And please do not tell me that nobody needs to run their coil
for more than a minute or two for maximum scare of the multitudes.   We
are not trying to scare the masses.   We simply want to develop a better
system of power for all the people.  Do you get it now????   Al.

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno-dot-com/get/tagj.