Re: shunts

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <uncadoc-at-juno-dot-com>

Hi Jeff,  I do not have a photo, but you simply need to take out, say one
or two shunts(some take out more) to increase the power of the neon.  Are
you talking about Neons?  Anyway, the shunt plates are simply a block of
laminations that are set between the primary and secondary(or
secondaries) of the neon tranny. When we speak of removing one or two
shunts, we are simply speaking of taking out one or two of the little
laminated steel plates that are situated between the primary and
secondary windings of the tranny.  Al..

On Tue, 17 Apr 2001 18:37:52 -0600 "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
writes:
> Original poster: "cougercat by way of Terry Fritz
> <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <felix1063-at-home-dot-com>
>
> Hello Group,
>
> Does anybody have a photo of the transformer "shunts" that can be
> removed for
> greater power?
>
> Thanks
>
> --jeff