Re: 60MA NST

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <uncadoc-at-juno-dot-com>

Hi All, Godfrey,  Yep Howie is the man for the big boy brand spanking new
15/60 trannies.  If you wanna spend 150$, then why not get one new from
Howie?  He treated me right!  But I did incinerate the first batch and
they were subsequentily unpotted and rebuilt.  However, do not buy new or
used if you subject the tranny to Tesla use and expect the seller to
replace/refund your bucks.  You should attribute the expired tranny to
the learning curve!   Al.

On Sun, 15 Apr 2001 16:31:25 -0600 "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
writes:
> Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz
> <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>
>
> Hi Everyone
>
> Not many 15KV/60MA NST show up on ebay, but when they do, the final
> price
> usually comes to about $125. With S&H charges, the total coat could
> be as
> high as $150. And most of these big NST are used. This makes it hard
> for
> those on a budget to win one on ebay. Well located at
> www.borg-dot-com/~hcohen/transformers.html is where you can buy new
> 15KV/60MA
> NST for $125, and S&H is $25. This site has some sort of connection
> with
> TCBOR (Tesla Coil Builders Of Richmond). So it makes sense that
> those who
> can afford $125+ can get new NST at the site. Then those on a budget
> can
> have a chance of winning a big NST on ebay. I am a transformer nut,
> so I
> like to follow the transformer action on ebay.
>
> Godfrey Loudner

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno-dot-com/get/tagj.