Re: Tesla Coil Blunderbusses

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Parpp807-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 4/19/01 7:57:51 PM Central Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

<< Is there a way to use a scope to judge the quality of the SG
 > quenching?

 Absolutely! I use a digital storage scope for all powered waveform
 observation to capture events for subsequent measurement and
 analysis. However, it was through observation that I first reached
 conclusions about gap dynamics and then confirmed them by applying
 the scope. >>

Malcolm,
Thanks. I am trying now to evaluate gap quenching for my very sick bipolar.
Am I stuck without a storage scope? I can see the ringdown but the scope
triggering
is very jittery. I cannot distinguish the notches or the decrement. Any
suggestions?

Maybe the university will build you a big domed-in sports arena.
Move to Bloomington and you could use the Indiana U. basketball palace.

Happy day,
Ralph Zekelman